Sunday, January 16, 2011

Online Video

You Tube is a wonderful tool, professionally and personally. One disadvantage is perhaps there is too much information available! I used the keyword "library" and had 921,000 hits! I spent a lot of time scouring through various videos in an attempt to select one that I thought worthy of sharing. There were a lot of university videos! You Tube could be a fantastic way of promoting the library and its services. As I work in a public library, I could see this would also be a wonderful way of promoting our city. Embedding the You Tube video clip/s into the city’s webpage would be essential though! It’s a bit dry … but short!!

8 comments:

  1. Brief is good, was you you making this video available. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have plenty of 'book keepers' at our library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny, I think youtube is great, I would love to have it available at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they would be a great way to publish/train on features of the Catalogue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Kylie ... I was going to say that!
    Love the idea about using YouTube on the council website to promote our beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed your video, short but sweet, Im going to attempt to embed now, wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha..like that video!
    Side note - I love your background theme (I have the same one!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree the promotion of our local community to our local community would be great, and there could be far-reaching benefits to a broader community.

    ReplyDelete