Monday, January 17, 2011

Wrap Up

Wow, that was a fun ride! I would like to thank Swan Libraries for making this all happen and available to other libraries. I can well appreciate how much time, effort and work has been dedicated to getting it up and running smoothly. I would like to also thank my place of work for allowing me to do the course and spending time with me to iron out problems. I have learnt so much in a little over a month. I particularly love Delicious and LibraryThing. My only complaint would be I had a frustrating time with trying to insert my Widget into my blog and now that it is in, I love that too! I loved the presentations "In Plain English" by Lee LeFever (is that how you spell his name, oo, I will check Google!). Spelled correctly now! My daughter told me about another blog site - Tumblr - do I go there too!!? To blog or not to blog signing over and out!

7 comments:

  1. I found the widget hard, i'm not sure if i have done it right even now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to the home run!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're big Tumblr fans too - my daughter and I both have Tumblr blogs. Now that you've finished the training you might start up your own personal blog, and don't forget the staff blog that is needing some love and attention ... Can't wait to see how you incorporate what you've learnt into work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing Web 2.0. I too, have finally found my way out of the tunnel today. Yahoo !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THere are many different blog services, image hosting sites, social networking groups and a million other useful sites and services across the Internet. All we've tried to do with this course is to introduce you to a few basic programs and hopefully given you the confidence to explore further on your own :) So go for it! And if you see anything you really like (Tumblr for example) let us know and we will look at including it in the next course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing the course, sounds like you had fun and learnt lots, well done!!
    I,m nearly there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you finished - did you finally get your wiki in the right spot? LOL! Sounds like you took alot from the course.

    ReplyDelete