Monday, January 10, 2011

Facebook

The enthusiasm has waned after Delicious and LibraryThing, I have joined Facebook.  For those who know me well, they know that I have resisted with fingernails digging into the doorframe, kicking and screaming.  I know that everyone uses Facebook, including all my family, so why resist?  I don't know really.  I feel have I have far better things to do I guess and if I want to chat with a friend, I will use the old fashioned way, a phone!  I think it could become a very time consuming habit!  As Facebook is banned at our workplace, does it seem fitting for staff to be logged in and not our patrons?  Might be useful to share ideas though.  Anyway, if you get a random person named Stateof Sunsets who wants to be your friend, that's me! 

8 comments:

  1. Despite your desire to be anonymous (!) I have added you as my friend on Facebook as I KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE! (LOL!) Note the lack of recent activity on my FB as,like you, I like to speak to real people not 'imaginary friends' as I call my son's 500+ 'friends'.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sometime the things that come our way when we are kicking and screaming are the things we love best. I have been on Facebook for about 2 years and still only have 27 friends. 3 of whom are my children. I don't even know 500 people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand where your coming from, I have never had any real interest in joining Facebook, and since coming to live in Oz have been constantly pressurised by my family and friends back in the Uk, to sign up.

    This reluctance is partly due to the fact that I struggle to find the time and inclination to e-mail as often as I used to, so I know facebook will not be any different. With all the lovely weather we get here I would rather be out and about swimming, wining and dining, also I wonder would people really be interested in what I,m doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too do not belong to Facebook (apart from being a pretend person on this course) and really don't feel any lack. Maybe it's a generational thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh yes, FB is soo verry addictive....i have been hooked for a few years now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a facebook account but i dont check it often. it is a valuable way to keep up with people who live far away i find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have FB account because all my family and most of my friends live in different time zones. Sad reality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my facebook, and check it regularly. Like Irena, most of my family and friends live in different time zones and it is one of the most convenient ways to keep in touch. And it's a great way to keep track of what the girls are doing ... or more importantly, what their friends are doing!

    ReplyDelete