Saturday, January 8, 2011

LibraryThing

Well, I have spent numerous hours today flicking through Delicious and LibraryThing and WOW!  LibraryThing is fantastic!  Upon reading the Assessment and the requirement to add a widget to my blog, I thought "what the heck is a widget?"  So, I went into old faithful Google and "define: widget".  The answer, among many was:  "A widget is a device placed in a container of beer to manage the characteristics of the beer's head".  I also didn't know what Zietgeist was (LibraryThing Tab), so back to Google and define: "Zeitgeist (Axel Cluney) is a fictional mutant character and superhero in the Marvel Comics  Universe, a member of the second team of X-Force. Both definitions came from en.wikipedia.org/wiki.  Well, I didn't really think we were there to discuss beer or fictional mutant characters, so I continued with LibraryThing.  The Zeitgeist page is actually quite interesting.  In Talk, I found a fun game.  I have joined the "Playing games and solving puzzle" Group and made my first comment.  Fun!  Check it out!  http://www.librarything.com/groups/playnggamesandsolvin.  Reviews of my favourite books was also a bonus!  I've learned a lot today!  I thought this hilarious when I joined LibraryThing to ensure that you are not alien,
"To verify your humanity, please enter the author from the cover below!!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't a widget a financial placeholder term to indicate a product ?
    You can also indicate who you loan items too - no more lost books !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have done a lot of research (widget and zeitgeist). Well done! I must be losing my curiosity in my old age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Widget is also defined as a very useful gadget. Widgets was certainly a useful gadget to embed my LibraryThing into my Blog and doesn't it looks great on everyone's blog, and it does give an unique insight into my fellow workers' personalities - what they like to read.

    ReplyDelete